Your #BestWritingRetreat Contest
What’s your ideal writing retreat? Is it on a beach with friends? On a cruise ship? Alone in a forest? We want to see YOUR ideas for the best writing retreat ever! Get creative. Make your own beach scene, get a group and take a themed picture, tweet a selfie in your favorite spot, or use the Cruising Writers Elevator Photo Backdrop at RWA Nationals on the Concourse Level on the way to the Meeting Rooms.
Contest Entry Dates: July 17, 2018 – July 22, 2018
How To Enter: Tweet a photo of your ideal writing retreat between the dates of 7/17/18 and 7/22/18 and include @CruisingWriters #BestWritingRetreat.
To Win: The photo with the most likes on Twitter wins! So make sure to share and ask your friends to like your photo! Winner must accept prize within 72 hours of notification.
Contest Ends: 11:59PM central on July 30, 2018.
The Prize: A FREE Writing Cruise on any future Cruising Writers Writing Cruise Retreat!
A SECOND WINNER SPONSORED BY RACHEL CAINE!
In case of a tie: Winners will be randomly selected using Random Name Picker.
Tips to a Great Entry:
- Make sure YOU are included in the photo
- Creativity counts
- Use props (ex: beach towels, hiking equip, fuzzy socks, etc)
- SHARE, SHARE, SHARE!
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who participate through Twitter according to the contest guidelines and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cruising Writers, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Cruising Writers as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by tweeting a photo and including @CruisingWriters #BestWritingRetreat in the tweet on Twitter.com. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Cruising Writers. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Cruising Writers.
4. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a shared interior room on a Cruising Writers cruise and all associated writing retreat activities as defined by the event page on the Cruising Writers website, a value of $1,750.00USD. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Cruising Writers. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, and any associated travel costs, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Cruising Writers to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
5. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by community vote under the supervision of Cruising Writers. Winner will be notified through Twitter within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Cruising Writers shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within 72 hours from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT CRUISING WRITERS‘ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
6. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Cruising Writers, anyone acting on behalf of Cruising Writers, and Cruising Writers’ licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Cruising Writers. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Cruising Writers from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Cruising Writers may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
7. Terms & Conditions: Cruising Writers reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Cruising Writers’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Cruising Writers may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Cruising Writers. Cruising Writers reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Cruising Writers has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Cruising Writers reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Cruising Writers and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
9. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND TEXAS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Harris County, Texas having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.